Based in Melbourne, Australia
Desktop — 14 Oct, 2021
Switch — 23 Oct, 2021
“Negative Nancy is a choosy no-no adventure for people who have had enough. An interactive narrative where you can only say “no” (or nothing at all). Your choices control the story.”
You are Nancy, a retail clerk who can only say “no!”. You work a terrible job at Megamart with your best friend, but most of the time that’s the least of your problems. Annoying StreamTubers, delusional bosses, and angry customers so divorced from reality that they’re paying it child support. If they want to take you on they'll have to get in line!
Play as Nancy in a short game with four unique, branching stories. Help Nancy express herself by navigating tense and delicate situations.
All the fun of working retail with none of the pay. You’ll be solving crimes, serving customers, making and losing friends—just like real life!
Press kit assets
A collection of assets for influencer and press usage, including images, logos, YouTube thumbnails and music available on Google drive.
FEED are a small indie game studio based in Melbourne, Australia.
We prototyped Negative Nancy as our entry for for GMTK Jam 2019. It was very well received, ranking in the top 20 of submissions. A few YouTube influencers even racked up millions of views covering it on YouTube.
We decided to development a commercial version of Negative Nancy while living at Spelkollektivet, an indie game collective in a tiny village in the south of Sweden. Our stay (and Nancy's development) was abruptly interrupted by COVID and our hasty return back home.
One quarantine over a year of remote work in lockdown later, we're psyched up and finally ready to launch!
- The world's first interactive sitcom!
- A binary choice interactive narrative where you can say 'no' or nothing at all.
- Four deeply branching stories with many endings to find.
- Unique and varied original sound track.
- Huge cast of characters for you to deny and refute!
There are far more images available for Negative Nancy, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
- "“The only game where you get to ruin the lives of entitled rich people by telling them to go to hell!”"
- GrayStillPlays, YouTube
- "“[In Negative Nancy] you explore assertiveness, defiance, helplessness, nihilism and sadness.”"
- Meghann O'Neill, PC PowerPlay
- "“No other game at PAX made me laugh so hard.”"
- Pedro Cooray, Checkpoint Gaming
Request Press Copy
Please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Press kit media assets
Images, logos and media for press drive.google.com.
A small indie game studio based in Melbourne, Australia.
More information on FEED, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Negative Nancy Credits
Rhys van der Waerden